A Student or Volunteer will work under the direct supervision of a teacher to provide support for teaching and learning and associated activities in accordance with school policies and procedures. This may include providing general support for whole class learning activities, or supporting individuals or small groups of pupils within the classroom.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support to the teacher in the delivery of planned whole class learning activities.
- To work under the direct supervision of a teacher to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils, providing feedback on their engagement in activities and their achievement of the desired learning objectives.
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teacher's lesson plans.
- To observe and feed back to the teacher on pupil performance and behaviour, taking action as appropriate in line with relevant school policies.
- To support the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils, including contributing ideas and suggestions to support planning, to meet their development needs.
- To interact with and respond positively to children, young people and adults.
- To develop positive relationships with colleagues, providing consistent and effective support and working constructively as a member of the school staff team.
- To support pupils to improve their numeracy and literacy skills through focused learning activities and more generally across the curriculum.
- To help to prepare and utilise ICT resources to support pupils learning.
- To help to prepare and support the use of learning materials and create visual displays, in accordance with the requirements of the teacher, in order to facilitate a relevant physical learning environment.
- To provide care and encouragement to children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs, supporting them to participate in activities.
- To encourage participation in structured and unstructured learning activities, including play.
- To help with escorting and supervising pupils on educational visits and out of school trips under supervision of the teacher.
- To undertake midday supervision duties as directed by the class teacher
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer or are a Student requiring a placement then please contact either Tom Bradley-Hewell Assistant Head or Lou Bedder Office Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org