The Birch Wood School Careers Programme is designed to help students achieve the best for their futures. The programme relies on support and delivery from staff.
The programme is supported by the careers strategy which in turn is derived from the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of the workplace
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Alongside the Gatsby Benchmarks we have also embedded 8 key skills into the curriculum. To support careers work at
Birch Wood School and to make full use of tools such as Skills Builder the following skills will be embedded within the school’s curriculum:
- Staying Positive
- Problem Solving
- Creative thinking
- Aiming high
More information on these skills can be found on the Skills Builder page.
Teaching staff support the programme on many levels; from delivering the Skills Builder workshops to
the STEM and Employability days and the preparation for adulthood course.