Here at Birch Wood Vale we want you to feel positive about your future. We understand that you are growing and developing and want to achieve your dreams. There are lots of different things you can do when you leave Birch Wood Vale:
- You could go to college, somewhere like Brooksby Melton or Homefield.
- You might want to work as a volunteer
- You might want to train on the job as an apprentice
- You might start work either full or part time
- You might attend a community project
To help you to achieve your dreams and access the right future for you we want to make
sure you have:
- Had some experience of the workplace.
- Had lessons and support about moving to college or work.
- Had the opportunity to develop key skills in different environments.
- Had the opportunity to engage with local employers and employees.
- Had the opportunity to participate in the STEM and Employability days.
You will be able to do all of this through your lessons and through working with the Careers Adviser. The Careers Adviser will also help you to:
- Write and edit a CV.
- Practice your interview skills.
- Help you to research your options.
- Help you to organise work experience when you are ready.