(With English/Maths, although other subject specialisms welcome to apply)
Birch Wood Area Special School has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our expanding team We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher who has a passion for teaching children with special educational needs in an inclusive ‘can do’ learning atmosphere.
The successful candidate will be based across the whole school and interact with pupils with a range of abilities and ages. You will be creative and contribute to a PE curriculum aimed at building opportunities for all students. You will receive excellent CPL in a supportive and inspiring school community and will work alongside a team of highly motivated support staff. This is a permanent, full time post. For more information about our school and students visit www.birchwoodschool.co.uk/
Applications are welcome from NQT, MPS or UPS depending on qualifications. The post includes SEN1 or SEN2 depending on experience
The successful Candidate will:
· Have QTS
· Be dedicated to getting the best from young people, who at times may present as challenging and complex.
· Have high expectations and enjoy the challenges associated with working in this environment to inspire accelerated progress supporting students reach their full potential
· Be committed to the belief that all pupils can achieve and learn, whatever their disabilities
· Have an interest in working with children who have Special Educational Needs
· Have a flexible approach to working with others whilst forming relationships with young people
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application
Please send your completed application form and covering letter to:
Renee Downing email@example.com
or by post to Renee Downing Birch Wood School, Grange Drive, Melton Mowbray Leics LE13 1HA
or telephone after the application closing date
Closing Date for applications: Friday 13th April 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 16th April 2018
Birch Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and subject to a check being carried out at an Enhanced level by the Disclosure and Barring Service regarding any previous criminal record.