Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the academic years (2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016). Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the school games
- run sports activities with other schools